Friday, August 8, 2008

My Labor Story!

As I said before I was suppose to be induced Monday morning at 5AM. The hospital was full and I was told to call in 3 hours. So we called at 9AM and noon and they were still full. So Ryan brought our bags in from the car and I checked my cell phone around 130PM and my doctors office called and wants to reschedule. The soonest they could induce was Thursday at 5AM. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! Ryan went to the store and bought Castro Oil. My contractions started around 630PM and we went to the hospital around 11PM. I was admitted but they weren't going to induce me until 5AM Tuesday morning. So we got some rest and at 5AM I was hooked up to monitors and got an IV. Around 10AM I received an epidural but I still felt my contractions on my right side of my body and was given another dose. I was completely numb! It was around 1130AM and I said Leah will come around 12-1230. 
1225PM we couldn't hear Leah's heart beat so one of my nurses (This nurse was in training Sylvia) came in to find the heart beat. I told her I was feeling pressure and she asked if I needed to push and I said no and then she asked if it felt like a bowel movement. I said no it's just a little pressure. She told me when it feels like bowel movement to let them know. Less then 5 minutes later we couldn't hear the heart beat again and my nurses came in and Heather was looking for the heart beat and I told her about the pressure and she said once she finds the heart beat she'll check me. She couldn't find the heart beat. She said maybe Leah is heading out and she lifted up my sheet and there was Leah's head!!! She started screaming for help and to call the doctor! Ryan turned WHITE!!! Next thing I know Heather pulls Leah out and cuts the umbilical cord and says she needs oxygen. After they cleaned Leah up she finally starts crying. 7lbs 10 ounces and 19 inches long. This is by far the best labor ever! I felt NOTHING! No pain at all. Of course when the epidural wore off that's when I felt the pain. We were discharged Wednesday around 1PM and glad to be home. 
Leah is such a good baby. Alison and Emma are doing great with her. Alison makes sure she has one of her dolls with her at all times and Emma likes to play peek-a-boo with her. 
Thanks Dad and Dana for all the help with the girls. And Thanks Maria for all the Yummy dinners!

2 comments:

JRKimball said...

Congratulations Kirby family! We hope you are all doing well and enjoying your new addition. lots of love the Kimballs

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Yeah! I am glad she is finally here and what a dramatic entry into her new world! I love the pics - keep them coming!
Love you!