Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 1 2011

This picture was taken right before we left for my OB appointment.
This appointment was the start of my weekly visits and when I get "checked" to see if I've dilated. We couldn't wait because I've been having contractions for weeks and the night before, Halloween, and all the walking we did I knew I had to have dilated to at least a 1 or 2.
Doctor comes in, checks, and says you're a 3!!
And I just strip the membranes!!!
He said you'll have some spotting which is normal and make an appointment 1 week but I'll probably see you before then!
When he left the room, I looked at Ryan and said, "You ready for this cause it's going to happen SOON"
So we had a lot to do! Grocery shop, get the last things ready for Rylee, and figure out what to do with the girls when we go in! We went to Target, ran home to pick up the girls from the bus (min day so they got out at 11:30am) Costco, home, then I sent Ryan out to wash the car, go to Winco, pay rent and picked up some Yummy Salsa from his moms!
While he was out, I did laundry, homework with the girls, cleaned house, made dinner, more cleaning and laundry! Later that night I laid down and started having contractions. I was hoping I could get one more good night sleep but they started getting closer. So Ryan called his sister Erin and she came over to watch the girls while we headed to the hospital.
Checked in at 11:30pm.
Found out I was a 4-5 so they admitted me
2:30am got an epidural (LOVE THE EPIDURAL MAN!!!)
5am started Patosin
7am Nurse change, new nurse checked me and I was 6. She called my doctor (who was going to head to Delano to his office) and asked what does he want us to do. He said he'll come in and break my water and we'll see what will happen.
7:30am, I'm feeling pressure. Nurse checks me again and I'm an 8-9 and tells me not to push!
Called the Doctor and said HURRY!
Sat and waited....
8:30am doctor arrives, breaks my water 4 pushes and Rylee is here!!
Rylee Anne Kirby
November 2 2011
6lb.6ounces 20 1/2inches
(she was born at 8:35am!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katy and Brent said...

Welcome baby Rylee!!! I'm so glad we were able to meet you!! Thanks for having us over, we loved being able to share a little part of this time with you guys :) we love you and can't wait to see you all again!! <3